Welcome to our Blog!

This is where we will share our children's health opinion pieces, advice, tips and tricks, resources and so much more. Check back here frequently for the latest baby and child health news and insight from us!

By Casey De Farria
Casey De Farria
28 May, 2019

A chicken fillet, a button battery, and some scary results.

Our friends at Kidspot interviewed CPR Kids Founder Sarah Hunstead, for a great article on her recent button battery experiment.

30 minutes after exposure versus 4 hours after exposure

“Having your child swallow a button battery is amongst one of the biggest fears parents of little ones have. And statistics show our fears are valid.

According to The Battery Controlled, an estimated four children per week present to the emergency department in Australia with an injury related to a button battery – with children under five years being the greatest risk.

So it comes as no surprise to us that when CPR Kids founder Sarah Hunstead went public with a little time-lapse experiment at home to see what exactly happens to a child’s stomach if a battery is swallowed, her post was shared by hundreds across the country.”

Read the rest of the article here, for more important information and advice on what to do if you think your child has swallowed a button battery.

CPR Kids News

Sign up to receive our monthly newsletter, as well as exclusive offers and important updates.

We acknowledge and honour the elders – past, present, and future – of the Cadigal People, the traditional custodians of the land CPR Kids is on. We acknowledge that this was, is, and always will be Aboriginal land.

CPR Kids Pty Ltd provides Nationally Recognised Training (HLTAID001, HLTAID004 and RFARRS001 classes only) on behalf of and in partnership with The First Aid Group (Registered Training Organisation 32268).


Book into any of our public classes for 4 or more people with code 4FOR15OFF and get 15% off.

Babies and breastfeeding are always welcome in our classes