This is where we will share our children's health opinion pieces, advice, tips and tricks, resources and so much more. Check back here frequently for the latest baby and child health news and insight from us!
Paediatric Nurse, Mum of two, and Founder of CPR Kids Sarah Hunstead, wants you to know why a baby and child first aid class shouldn’t just be a New Years Resolution you make.
“Did you know that it takes 8-10 minutes for the average ambulance to arrive? That is 8-10 minutes that it is essential you know exactly what to do.
I can tell you from experience that children may have much better outcomes when parents and carers know exactly what to do. But it’s not enough to just have someone tell you what to do. You will be much more effective if you have had hands-on practice.
At CPR Kids you will get a registered paediatric nurse teaching you how to recognise when your child is deteriorating and how to respond calmly and effectively in an emergency. Everyone gets lots of hands on practice and babies and breastfeeding are always welcome in our classes.
Don’t put it off any longer. Resolutions are often made and broken. The sooner you complete a course and gain the essential life-saving skills of Baby and Child CPR & First Aid, the better – we want you to feel prepared, empowered and confident, that you will know what to do in an emergency.”
CPR Kids teaches you more than just First Aid. Our expert paediatric nurses and midwives empower you with the confidence to recognise and respond to your sick or injured child.
• All our educators are specialised paediatric nurses or midwives and have current AHPRA registration.
• Our classes follow the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and other nationally-recognised medical bodies.
• All educators are parents or carers themselves and have experienced what they teach first-hand.
• We offer post-class resources for learning retention and ongoing practice.
• We can come to you at a time & location that suits you.
• We offer open classes hosted by major maternity hospitals.
• We are recommended by leading obstetricians & paediatric specialists.
Our classes are available in a number of locations. For more information and to book, visit our bookings page.
In this video paediatric nurse and founder of CPR Kids Sarah Hunstead steps you through the prevention, recognition and response to choking in babies and children. Essential knowledge for every family that you don’t want to miss.
Sign up to receive exclusive offers and important updates.