This is where we will share our children's health opinion pieces, advice, tips and tricks, resources and so much more. Check back here frequently for the latest baby and child health news and insight from us!
The safety of every person who comes to our classes and all of our educators is paramount. CPR Kids has carried out extensive Risk Assessments to make sure that all aspects of how we teach you the lifesaving skills of CPR & First Aid are as safe as possible. As always, we have strict infection control policies in place to keep you safe and are registered as a COVID Safe business!
We will only hold our classes in line with relevant Federal & State COVID-19 requirements & restrictions in place at the time (which are ever-changing!).
Our practices may change from time to time. Please refer below for the broad parameters we are likely to be following. This blog is updated regularly.
We ask all participants to:
1) follow all Government & Health guidelines and DO NOT ATTEND A CLASS if they or any babies attending:
· have been identified as, or as a contact of, a person with confirmed COVID-19
· have been advised or are required to self-isolate due to COVID-19 circumstances (https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/latest-news-and-updates#latest-covid-19-case-locations-in-nsw OR https://www.qld.gov.au/health/conditions/health-alerts/coronavirus-covid-19/current-status/restricted-areas-covid-19 OR https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/victorias-restriction-levels-covid-19)
· are experiencing fever, scratchy throat, cough, cold or flu like symptoms or are generally unwell
· are in a vulnerable category
2) respect 1.5m physical distancing before, during & after the class (where possible, and necessary)
3) maintain good hand hygiene
4) we encourage all participants to wear masks during our classes. Some of our venues may require you to wear a mask. Please do bring one along with you. This may, on occasion, be mandatory.
5) we are pleased to be flexible with bookings and to reschedule bookings impacted by COVID-19 without any penalties applied.
What we are doing to help keep you safe:
FACE TO FACE CLASSES
1) Limiting our class sizes:
We are holding classes in line with the allowed restrictions for each venue. We love having your children in our class. However, unfortunately, we are currently not able to accommodate children who are mobile. Babes in arms, and breastfeeding, are always welcome. We ask that children who do attend, are contained within their pram or within the strict physical distancing areas required.
2) Respecting physical distancing & the square meter rule (where possible and necessary):
We hold classes in line with the allowed restrictions for each venue and members of separate households will be seated at least 1.5m apart from each other (where possible, and necessary).
3) Encouraging good hand hygiene and continuing high level infection control:
We have hand sanitiser and isopropyl alcohol wipes available for all participants to use. Equipment is not shared and is thoroughly cleaned before and after every class.
All of our classes are taught by expert paediatric nurses, who are highly experienced in infection control and hand hygiene. They will always follow our strict infection control policies.
4) Modifying how we teach:
We are ensuring that we meet COVID-Safe regulations and guidelines.
We are making sure that no equipment is shared between members of separate households, and have taken steps to teach in ways that remove interaction with other participants.
We are not currently practicing “breaths” on our manikins during the practical component of CPR. This is done by “pretending” only, during this time.
5) Complying with regulations:
We are only holding classes in line with all relevant Federal & State requirements in place at the time. We are guided by:
· Federal Government: https://covid19inlanguage.homeaffairs.gov.au/
· NSW Government: https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19
· QLD Government: https://www.covid19.qld.gov.au/
· VIC Government: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus
· Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC): https://resus.org.au/
6) Ensuring our educator has good health:
Our paediatric nurse educators will only teach if they have not been identified as, nor as a contact of, a person with confirmed COVID-19, not been advised nor are required to self-isolate due to COVID-19 circumstances; not experiencing fever, scratchy throat, cough, cold or flu like symptoms; nor are generally unwell.
7) Record keeping:
Please be advised that, during COVID-19, will will require the contact details of all participants, which may be confidentially provided to our venue hosts, in line with Government requirements.
OFFERING ONLINE OPTIONS
Of course, if you would prefer to learn online we have a number of options available for you to learn all of the content from our classes in the comfort and safety of your own home.
Please don’t hesitate to call us on 1300 543 727 or email [email protected] if you would like to discuss our COVID-Safe measures in any way.
In this video paediatric nurse and founder of CPR Kids Sarah Hunstead steps you through the prevention, recognition and response to choking in babies and children. Essential knowledge for every family that you don’t want to miss.
Sign up to receive our monthly newsletter, as well as exclusive offers and important updates.