KNOWLEDGE FOR LIFE
COMBINING CPR, FIRST AID AND COMMON ILLNESSES FOR BABIES AND CHILDREN
Most young children will get on average between 5 to 10 viral infections per year. Would you know how to recognise the signs and respond with confidence?
How can you tell the difference between a healthy child and a sick child? What do you do if your child bumps their head? What is silent choking? What is CPR?
These are all questions that are covered in the 6 hour Knowledge for Life class. This class is designed to equip you with a toolbox of knowledge, hands-on learning and real life situations so that you are prepared to take on the most common first aid emergencies and illness related situations that you may face - to keep your child healthy and safe right from the start.
Guided by our expert paediatric nurse and midwife educators, this class will inspire and empower you to act confidently in any medical situation involving your child.
COVERS AGES 0 - 8 years
DURATION AND LOCATION
- North Shore Private Hospital, Sydney: 6 hours (9am - 3pm)
- Prince of Wales Private Hospital, Sydney: 6 hours (9am - 3pm)
As with all CPR Kids classes, Knowledge for Life is taught by expert paediatric nurses who specialise in children’s health and who have seen it all and have the stories to prove it!
WHO IS THIS CLASS FOR?
It is suited to:
- Pregnant couples
- New parents
- Second, third or even fourth time parents who have not yet taken a baby and child CPR, First Aid and illness recognition class or need a refresher
- Friends, family and carers
- Returning participants looking for a refresher and extended learning into recognition of the sick child!
CPR for babies and children (0-8 years old)
First Aid for babies and children (0-8 years old)
- Drowning response
- Head injury
Additional post-class online learning
- Limb injuries
- Allergic reactions
- Bites & stings
Illness Recognition and Response (0-8 years old)
- Fever and recognition of the sick child
- Diarrhoea, vomiting & dehydration
- Breathing difficulties
All participants/couples receive:
A copy of A life. A finger. A pea up a nose. by Sarah Hunstead. A must-have resource for all families, this book covers all the topics learned in class plus many more first aid situations that affect children and babies.
- A gift bag filled with child health products.
- Poster covering first aid scenarios and CPR flowchart.
- Fridge magnet of important phone numbers.
- Access to our YouTube channel, CPR Kids TV, so participants can refresh their knowledge anytime.
- Lots of additional resources to consolidate your learning.
$190 + GST per person
$360 + GST per couple