KNOWLEDGE FOR LIFE
COMBINING CPR, FIRST AID AND COMMON ILLNESSES FOR BABIES AND CHILDREN
Most young children will get on average between 5 to 10 viral infections per year. Would you know how to recognise and respond?
How can you tell the difference between a healthy child and a sick child? What do you do if your child bumps their head? What is silent choking? What is CPR?
These are all questions that are covered in the 6 hour Knowledge for Life class. This class is designed to equip you with a toolbox of knowledge, hands-on learning and real life situations so that you are prepared to take on the most common first aid emergencies and illness related situations that you may face - to keep your child healthy and safe right from the start.
Guided by your expert paediatric nurse and midwife educators, this class will inspire and empower to act confidently in any medical situation.
COVERS AGES 0 - 8 years
DURATION AND LOCATION
North Shore Private Hospital: 6 hours (9am - 3pm)
- Sun - Oct 1st
- Sun - Nov 5th
- Sun - Dec 3rd
Prince of Wales Private Hospital: 6 hours (3 hours + 3 hours over two evenings, 6pm-9pm) or 6 hours (9am-3pm)
- Wed - Sept 13th & 20th
- Sun - Sept 17th - *New date added due to popular demand of this class*
- Wed - Oct 18th & 25th
- Wed - Nov 22nd & 29th
- Thurs - Dec 7th & 14th
As with all CPR Kids classes, Knowledge for Life is taught by expert paediatric nurses and midwives who specialise in children’s health and who have seen it all and have the stories to prove it!
WHO IS THIS CLASS FOR?
It is suited to:
- Pregnant couples
- New parents
- Second, third or even fourth time parents who have not yet taken a baby and child CPR, First Aid course and illness recognition class or need a refresher
- Friends, family and carers
- Returning participants looking for a refresher!
FIND OUT MORE - CONTACT USING THE FORM BELOW OR CALL US ON 02 8076 5711 or 1 300 543 727
Contact Us About Knowledge for Life
CPR for babies and children (0-8 years old)
First Aid for babies and children (0-8 years old)
- Drowning response
- Head injury
Additional post-class online learning
- Limb injuries
- Allergic reactions
- Bites & stings
Illness Recognition and Response (0-8 years old)
- Fever and recognition of the sick child
- Diarrhoea, vomiting & dehydration
- Breathing difficulties
All participants receive
A copy of A life. A finger. A pea up a nose. by Sarah Hunstead. A must-have resource for all families, this book covers all the topics learned in class plus many more first aid situations that affect children and babies.
- A gift bag filled with child health products.
- Poster covering first aid scenarios and CPR flowchart.
- Fridge magnet of important phone numbers.
- Access to our YouTube channel, CPR Kids TV, so participants can refresh their knowledge anytime.
- Lots of additional resources to consolidate your learning.
$180 + GST per person (ask us about our group discounts)