Babies and breastfeeding are welcome at all our classes. See our FAQ's for more information
Hold a class in your home or venue of your choice - perfect for friends and family, and we specialise in mother's groups!Learn More
Join a CPR Kids public class, held in maternity hospitals and community locations. Parents, grandparents, friends and extended family all welcome.Learn More
We know that sometimes you just can’t get to a course. But accidents and other illnesses still happen. That’s why we have developed a comprehensive online eLearning program based on our paediatric first aid classes.Learn More
A program designed for corporates and not-for-profit organisations. Tailored to your workplace or client's requirements, we can provide everything from Lunch 'n' Learn sessions to large scale CPR activities.Learn More
*Update as of 16th September 2020*
Rest assured – we have strict infection control policies in place to keep you safe.
All available classes are open for booking – just head to our bookings page!
If you would still prefer to learn online, our full 3 hour class is available as an eLearning course – stop and start at any time – you can find out more and enrol here.
**PLEASE NOTE THERE MAY BE SOME CHANGES DUE TO COVID RESTRICTIONS IN YOUR AREA Babies & breastfeeding are welcome at all of our classes!
CPR Kids teaches you more than just First Aid. Our expert paediatric nurses and midwives empower you with the confidence to recognise and respond to your sick or injured child.
• All our educators are specialised paediatric nurses or midwives and have current AHPRA registration.
• Our classes follow the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and other nationally-recognised medical bodies.
• All educators are parents or carers themselves and have experienced what they teach first-hand.
• We offer post-class resources for learning retention and ongoing practice.
• We can come to you at a time & location that suits you.
• We offer open classes hosted by major private maternity hospitals.
• We are recommended by leading obstetricians & paediatric specialists.
There are many unique circumstances that will make one class more suitable than another for different people. That’s why we host a number of different classes so that you can choose one to suit your particular situation and needs. From hospital & community based classes, to private classes in your home. Every class you attend will give you the knowledge and confidence to respond in an emergency situation. Review our range of classes available.
No. CPR and First Aid classes can be perceived as boring and irrelevant. The CPR Kids classes break this common perception – they are fun, interactive and everything that you learn is tailored to your situation. Because we are all experienced paediatric nurses who have experienced everything we teach you, we can impart our skills and knowledge to you. We are also parents, so we understand how distressing it is to have a sick or injured child, and can help give you the skills to remain calm in an emergency.
• Private Couples Class (in your home): You can have a maximum of 2 adults in this class. Children welcome. Find out more about Private Couples classes.
• Private Group Baby and Child Class (in your home in NSW, QLD and VIC): You can have a private class in your home for a group of 1-10 which is charges as a flat rate, and a group of more than 10 people is charged at a per person rate. We ask that you have a maximum of 24 people in your class. Like to know more? Talk to us about what we can tailor for you. Find out more about Private Group Classes.
• Public Baby and Child First Aid (in selected maternity hospitals and community locations in NSW, QLD and VIC): Join a CPR Kids public class – recommended by maternity hospitals and obstetricians, the number of people in your class varies, depending on location and COVID-19 restrictions. Find out more about Public Hospital & Open classes.
• Corporate Classes (in the workplace): We will accommodate the content and structure of your course to your Company’s requirements. Depending on your class type and style, class sizes would range from 20-25 or 40-80 participants per class. Find out more about Corporate Classes.
• For the host of a private class, and all participants in Knowledge for Life classes, – a copy of A life. A finger. A pea up a nose. by Sarah Hunstead. This book covers all the topics learned in-class plus many more. First Aid situations that affect children and babies.
• A copy of the CPR kids e-guide to baby and child first aid for all participants.
• A poster covering First Aid scenarios and CPR flowchart.
• A fridge postcard of DRSABCD and other first aid.
• Access to our YouTube channel – CPR Kids TV – so you can refresh your knowledge anytime.
• A Certificate of Attendance is sent to all participants after their class. This may be used toward professional development (CPD) hours, however, please note, this is not an Accreditation Certificate. Confirm with your workplace prior to booking your class.
CPR Kids provides Nationally Recognised Training on behalf of and in partnership with The First Aid Group (Registered Training Organisation 32268). Our classes advertised and available for booking on line are non-accredited classes. However, we can absolutely arrange an Accredited Classes for you and your team.
These include a Nationally Recognised Training Certificate upon successful completion of the course.
For further information please visit www.thefirstaidgroup.com.au/learner
It depends on your Health Fund. Our educators are Registered Nurses and Midwives, however, they do not have provider numbers so we cannot claim for you. Some Health Funds will refund part or full payment for First Aid courses. Please contact your fund for more details. We will happily provide a receipt, on request, if required by your Health Fund.
Yes, we can teach Private Group home classes in evenings (7pm is the latest start time), daytime, during the week and also on weekends. Don’t hesitate to get in touch to discuss what class time might work best for you.
Yes! Feel free to snack during our classes, especially if you are pregnant.
Yes, all our classes are breast-feeding friendly.
Payment in full is required at the time of booking via credit card (MasterCard, Visa or American Express). A minimum of 48 hours notice is required for cancellation. Less than 48 hours notice of cancellation incurs a charge of 25% of your class fee. Emergency situations (such as labour!) are exempt from cancellation fee. No-shows incur a charge of the full class fee.
CPR Kids travels to metro Sydney, Newcastle, Wollongong, Brisbane, Gold & Sunshine Coasts, Melbourne & various regional areas in NSW, QLD & VIC for Baby & Child First Aid classes. Please contact us if you live outside these areas as we may be able to arrange a course, based on your location. A travel fee may apply. Live in a rural area? Get a big group together – we love a road trip!
Yes we can! We have lots of options as to how we can meet the needs of your group. Contact us to see how we can meet your needs. Where? CPR Kids come to your home or venue of choice. Why not host the session in the local park on a sunny day?
Yes, we partner with a number of NFP’s to provide training for people in disadvantaged circumstances. If you would like to discuss our not-for-profit rates, please get in touch.
We only teach Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines CPR. Other sources for first aid include ASCIA, The Asthma Foundation, and the ARC. For a more detailed reference list, please click here.
We are all Paediatric, Emergency, Intensive care, Retrieval Nurses Midwives – specialising in paediatrics. Between us, the team at CPR Kids collectively have over 180 years of experience. We all have postgraduate qualifications ranging from Diplomas in Paediatrics to Masters Degrees in Critical Care.
The founder and Director of CPR Kids, Sarah Hunstead, has over 15 years experience as a paediatric emergency nurse, is author of A life. A finger. A pea up a nose – A practical guide to baby and child First Aid and is the paediatric expert for the National Institute of First Aid Trainers. You can find out more about each of our wonderful educators here.
“After a simple one hour of training from the incredibly knowledgeable CPR Kids team, I walked out feeling armed with the skills needed to help and/or take control in a life threatening situation. My gratitude to Westpac, Julia and Jess and CPR Kids for being given this opportunity is immense….”Participant of a Corporate class
"If you're contemplating doing this course - do it! There were so many things I hadn't even thought of that were covered and I'm making my husband do the next session! Such basic skills that could save lives and I can't believe I hadn't done this sooner!"Alix S
"This is a great course to do, I feel much more confident after doing this course to administer CPR on a baby or child. Information provided is easy to understand and not overwhelming at all. Anyone looking after kids should be doing this course, our trainer was excellent."Marnee F
Sign up to receive our monthly newsletter, as well as exclusive offers and important updates.